Been a while…

Things have been quiet for the most part since I last wrote. Last Friday was a standard work day and I didn’t do anything special that evening. Saturday I attempted to go to the dog park, but when I was almost there another regular called me and said that even though the park was open, the dog park was still locked due to “safety concerns”. I met up with another regular there and we decided to head  to another area park where we could let the dogs run off leash. I called a few other regulars to tell them not to bother coming to the park. So, I went to Quaker Penn and had the dogs run around with 2 other dogs for a while. The snow was really deep and it made them running and me walking very difficult. I was fairly exhausted by the time I got home and feel asleep for a while in front of the heater during the afternoon.

Sunday was Valentine’s Day and I decided to play it by ear before heading off to the dog park and being disappointed again. I decided to make R a nice breakfast while I waited to hear if anyone could get into the park. Eventually it was decided that it still seemed closed and we were going to give up on going for the weekend. I was having some problems with cramping and pooing around 11am, so I laid down for a little while and before I knew it, it was several hours later. R and I just hung around and watched TV for the rest of Sunday.

Monday was R’s final day of freedom before starting his new job and a rare day off for me. He kept working on some projects while I caught up on some email. My folks called about some tree branches being down in the yard at the new house, so we went over to see what was going on. The branches were too big for us to do anything about so R just helped my Dad bring some boxes in and I visited with my Mom a little and wished her a happy birthday in person for the day before. We took off from their place around noon and hit the grocery store on the way home.

When we got home, the dog sitter was just leaving. She thinks things are going well and leaves us a journal of how the visits are going each day when she shows up to let them out around 1pm. After she left and we brought the groceries in, R put another coat of stain on his baseball stand and then went to shower while I chilled on the couch.

I had my ultrasound scheduled for 4 pm. We went for the ultrasound and things were much better this time. The technician estimated that I was 8 weeks and 3 days along and we were able to see the baby’s heart beat. It was such a relief. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday, but he’ll probably just review the ultrasound with me and see how I’m feeling. They never called back about my blood tests or pap smear, so they must have all been fine. After the ultrasound, R and I stopped off for some mexican food and then headed home. We called both sets of parents to let them know the ultrasound went well and then watched TV until bed time.

Neither of us slept very well Monday night, R had asked me to get him up at 5:30am for work since I have an alarm (which I never use) and his clock had died a while ago. So, we both slept like crap and I never got back to sleep after I woke him up. He took off for work around 7am and had a long, tedious, walk-filled day. Work was fairly quiet for me on Tuesday, though I did get a new PC at work.

Last night was quiet and R and I just watched some Bones off the DVR and Lost and went to bed at a decent hour again. We ate some leftover delivery food which has been giving him no end of trouble this morning. He had me take out some chicken before I left for work so we can have a decent dinner tonight.

I’m supposed to see my best friend S on Thursday, she’s going to come down this way and probably have some maternity clothes with her that she got from a friend of ours who got them from a friend.

Not much else going on. Very much looking forward to the weekend and hoping that the dog park is open.


About snarkysillysad
A former marketing professional with 15 years of experience in the technology industry. Through her blog she has shared her journey through pregnancy and motherhood as well as her struggle with migraines, depression, and chronic pain

2 Responses to Been a while…

  1. icanhasdiary says:

    That dog park… it had BETTER be open soon, right?! I hope your two are faring OK with the interruption to their fun routine. Sounds like they are. Whew!

    And YAY about the 8 week old’s heartbeat! I bet it is a cute 8 week old. Are you going to find out the sex when it’s possible to do that, or are you passing that up?

    Good luck with everything! Here’s to a great finish to this week. 🙂

  2. Yeah, at 20 weeks we can find out the sex and we plan to. Inquiring minds want to know. Just a little over 3 weeks now and I get to share the news…. woohoo!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: