Ringing in the New Year

So Tuesday night was pleasant. R made FIVE pizzas with all the dough he put together, and they were tasty! We cleaned some stuff off the DVR, including the Doctor Who Water of Mars episode and an episode of Hoarders. My neck had been hurting a bit that afternoon at work, but I never took anything and it was fine by the time I went to bed.

Wednesday was a lazy day. I sat around in the morning and then around 11am I took the dogs to the dog park for a little over 2 hours. They had a great time running around. After I got home, R and I just sat around and watched TV. My neck started hurting mid afternoon, but I didn’t take anything for it. In the evening we watched X-men Origins: Wolverine which I had gotten for Christmas and then the Watchmen movie.

New Year’s Eve wasn’t quite what we planned. It was snowing when we got up and I decided to take the dogs to the park before it switched over to rain. Unfortunately, all the other regulars were working and we only stayed for about 45 minutes. When I got home I found out that some friends that were supposed to carpool with us to K&K’s party had backed out. Our one friend’s daughter had lost her best friend to suicide the previous day and our friend wanted to be there to comfort her daughter. That kinda put a crimp in our plans because for some reason we hadn’t been in the mood to drive out to our friend’s place… not sure why. We had gotten a call from BIL & SIL the night before wondering if we were free and we decided to skip on all the debauchery and fun and K&K’s party and stay at home and hang with BIL & SIL. During the afternoon we watched some episodes of Las Vegas on TNT. I got a bit of a headache and took some ibuprofen. BIL & SIL showed up around 7pm and we snacked on a bunch of leftover noshy food and watched the Star Trek DVD. Then we watched a little Animation Show stuff and then BIL & SIL decided to head home around 10:30pm. R and I finished some stuff on the DVR and split a bottle of champagne. At midnight we kissed each other and hugged the dogs and then went outside to watch the neighbors set off fireworks. It was raining, but that didn’t stop them. Afterward, we went to bed and left on the CNN coverage for a little while before going to sleep around 1:30am.

New Year’s Day I went to the dog park, which was an absolute muddy and slushy mess. A few regulars were there and all the dogs got filthy. On the way home from the dog park I stopped at Walmart to get R some sauerkraut and hot dogs so he could continue his tradition. I had to wash the dogs as soon as I got home, I don’t think they’ve ever been filthier. We hung around at home and watched some of Robot Chicken Season 4 on DVD and relaxed.

Saturday was FREEZING at the dog park. Luckily all the mud had dried, but I didn’t make it much more than an hour before I was too cold to stay anymore. None of the regulars lasted that long, it was just too damn cold. After I brought the pups home, I got under a fleece blanket and turned on a heater and spent the afternoon trying to warm up. We watched some more Robot Chicken that night and went to bed at a decent hour.

When I woke up Sunday morning, the wind was howling outside. My clock said the external temperature was 17.8 degrees. I went downstairs and saw the wind advisory in effect and knew that considering how cold I’d been the day before, the dog park was going to be absolutely miserable, so I posted on FB that I wasn’t planning on going and then general consensus among the regulars was that they all agreed. I watched a bunch of NFL analysts and waited for the Professor to show up with some leftover pork from K&K’s party. I heated up some egg rolls and mozzarella sticks that had been in the freezer for way too long and was pleasantly surprised to find that they didn’t have freezer taste, so we ate them all up. R and I both snoozed a little during the early football games but then woke up when the Professor showed up. We threw his meat in a crock pot, snacked on some food and watched the Eagles game which was absolutely miserable. As soon as it was over, we watched the final Doctor Who with David Tennant and then caught the Fox Animation Domination.

It was tough getting up this morning. I was awake pretty early, but it was nice snuggling in bed, especially since it’s still so cold outside. I took Chloe out to do her business and then went downstairs to play around online before work. Had a few meetings this morning which took up some time and Creative Services is working on finishing the flash updates today. Just talked to R at noon and I hadn’t wanted to jinx it, but Nemo hadn’t been bad in the house since the last time I complained on here and he decided that today he was going to pee in the basement. <sigh>

In other news, I have two friends that are pregnant, one of whom has announced it to everyone… congratulations to them both. My new nephew Regan may be coming home some time this week, it’ll be nice to see him, I haven’t gone to the hospital to visit. Mom and Dad are set to close on their house in PA on either January 15th or 29th. My neck hurts a bit now, but I’m pleased to say that other than some ibuprofen yesterday and new year’s eve, I haven’t taken anything for my head in a week. I’ve been fooling myself that maybe it’s because my body chemistry is changing because maybe I’m pregnant, but I doubt that I am. I have to reschedule my appointment with the OBGYN that was on the 13th because of some conflict or other, I’ll probably make it for the end of the month and then get to have some tests done to see why I’ve been trying to get pregnant for a year now without any luck.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010.


About snarkysillysad
A former marketing professional with 15 years of experience in the technology industry. Through her blog she has shared her journey through pregnancy and motherhood as well as her struggle with migraines, depression, and chronic pain

One Response to Ringing in the New Year

  1. icanhasdiary says:

    I just love staying in and watching good TV and/or movies in the winter! Sounds like a decent New Years.
    By the way, my first kiss of 2010 was actually from Hurley. No kidding. (Then my Mom kissed my cheek. I can’t decide if the dog/Mom combo is really, really lame or really, really awesome.)
    You know what to do in order to get pregnant? Begin the process to be approved for adoption. I swear that this worked for two of my good friends… their wives both got pregnant right when they ‘gave up’ and turned to the other option. It was pretty cool!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: