Well, it snowed and it snowed and it snowed!

When we last saw our heroine, she was preparing to leave for the company Christmas Party. Party was OK, went on too long, gave away $40 in the bingo game and didn’t get home until after 9:30pm. Found my hubby playing with his niece when I got home, her mom was back in the hospital with contractions again. They did send her home though and BIL came to pick up their daughter around 11pm. Got to sleep around midnight with a migraine coming on. I took a codeine to try to kill it, but I woke up with the migraine at 6am. I used some migranal and my head stopped hurting, but I became unbelievably nauseous and decided to call out of work since I still had 3 vacation days I needed to use up before the end of the year.

I spent most of Friday morning trying and failing to catch up on sleep. Around noon I gave up and headed to Walmart to pick up a few things for R. I had contemplated going to the mall this weekend, but with the forecast, I knew that was not going to happen.

Friday evening we spoke to both sets of parents and both family xmas parties were postponed as we prepared to get socked by a huge snow storm. R and I sat and watched TV and ordered in some food since he was exhausted from baking cookies all day.

The snow didn’t start coming down until after 6am on Saturday morning, so I took the pups to the dog park around 9am. I met another regular there and he informed me they hadn’t unlocked the gate. We stood there chatting for a few minutes and then decided to let our dogs off leash in the main area since no one was around. Chloe and Nemo were VERY well behaved and didn’t run off. My buddy was just about to leave when another regular showed up with her two dogs. We let them all run around for a while and then the ranger finally drove past and yelled at us for having the dogs off leash. We asked if he could open the dog park area for us and he agreed and we went into the fenced in area and ran around in the snow until Chloe was too cold to play anymore.

I got home after a fairly easy drive and brought the pups inside to get rubbed down with towels and let them warm up. I had taken the jeep to the park, so the heat had been cranking pretty well in there and they really weren’t that wet. I got a hankering for bacon and french toasts and cooked some up for R and me which was of course shared with all furry house members. I sat on the couch watching some local news coverage of the storms in between assisting R with some of the cookie baking. We ate some leftover delivery food for dinner and watched the Saturday night football game. We took a yard stick outside with us on one of the doggie bathroom breaks and we were up to 8 inches of snow early in the evening. The pups really enjoyed playing in it every time we went outside.

I started getting a bit of a migraine Saturday evening and took a codeine to stop it from getting worse. It didn’t work. I woke up Sunday morning and I had a nice little migraine building. I spent all morning lounging on the couch watching recaps of the snow storm (we got 14 inches where I live, but over 23 inches in Philly proper).  I decided I needed to eat something and cooked up some sausage, english muffins and omelet for R and eggs easy over for me. I also threw a pork loin in the crock pot with some barbecue sauce. I switched over to watching ESPN after a few hours and R went outside to unearth the cars so I could drive to work this morning. We watched a few lame early games and then watched the Eagles game which had been moved to 4pm because of the snow. We won the game and clinched a playoff berth.

Starting around 7am, this is what I tried to kill my Sunday migraine over the course of 12 hours: migranal x1, codeine x1, codeine x2, cyclobenzaprine x1, codeine x2. It was the second batch of double codeine that finally killed the pain, but it was 9pm by that point. I also took a xanax to calm the Sunday night jitters I usually get and was pretty ready for bed.

R and I put the Sunday night football game on in the bedroom around 10pm and both fell quickly asleep. He slept through till after 7am this morning. I woke up a few times, but slept a bit better than I have in recent months. Work is somewhat quiet today. There was a fire to put out first thing this morning, but now things have reached a calm pace and I’m trying to catch up on things. I’m looking forward to this short work week and trying to figure when I might take off the other 2 vacation days I have left. We shall see.


About snarkysillysad
A former marketing professional with 15 years of experience in the technology industry. Through her blog she has shared her journey through pregnancy and motherhood as well as her struggle with migraines, depression, and chronic pain

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: